Tuesday, October 31, 2006

In the Beginning

The original idea for this blog came from a blog I had come across earlier this year called ‘ Query a Day: A Freelancer's Quest for Publication’, which follows a Pennsylvania freelance writer in her quest to become published nationally. Great idea and I would love to find out how she is getting on, but the postings stopped on 31 July 2006. Let’s hope that she ended up with so much work that there was no time for blogging.

I’ve been saying for years that I am a writer. Problem is, I haven’t done much about it, expecting, I guess, someone to come along and say ‘want to write for us’. This year, I finally decided to do something about this desire to write - I started writing and reading and planning. A business plan was developed, I researched the business of freelance writing, created a website and started blogging. And now it is time to get published.

So this is ‘my year of getting published’ and it starts on Halloween night . Might as well feel the fear and do it anyway.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...