Friday, November 17, 2006

The 24 hour rule...

I’ve been reading ‘Six Figure Freelancing’ by Kelly James-Enger. It's full of useful tips for any freelancer looking to increase their income. One tip I especially like is the ‘twenty four hour rule’. Kelly recommends that within 24 hours of receiving a rejection of your query you should do two things - resubmit to another market and shoot off a new query to the editor who rejected you.(pg 72). In other words, don’t let the grass grow under your feet. Great idea and I plan on practicing this. At least I will as soon as I get a reply from my query letters. So far, I’ve heard nothing from the editors of the 2 magazines I have so far sent queries to. How long should I wait before sending them on to new magazines? Is there a time frame? I’ll have to keep reading Kelly’s book to see if she has the answer….

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...