Monday, November 27, 2006

What's marketing got to do with it...

If, like me, you think that a large percentage of freelance writing success rests on your marketing abilities, then you’ll love Michael Sedge’s Marketing Strategies for Writers. It’s packed full of good advice on how to go about creating an image and branding yourself as a product. Michael suggests that instead of promoting yourself as a freelance writer, you should create and promote yourself as a business entity. In other words, form a company.

It might be a bit early in the piece for me to be thinking corporation, but I see myself as managing director. Think of the perks. Company jet. Apartment in New York. Okay, so maybe I’m getting a bit carried away.

But Michael has some very valid points that writers need to consider. Writing is a business, not a hobby. And to be treated like a business person, you must present as one.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...