Monday, December 18, 2006

No more query letters...(this year)

Last month over at The Renegade Writer, there were a couple of postings on ‘Querying during the holidays’ with the opinions of two different editors. One indicated that it’s okay to send queries during the holidays. The other editor suggested you should wait until February or March.

Confused? I know I am. My solution - not to send out any more query letters this year.

But that doesn’t mean I’ll stop writing them. I have a folder of ideas that I want to get out there next year. So I’m going to go through the folder and pick out the 10 best ideas. During the holidays, I will work on these, determining target magazines and writing draft letters. Then it will be 'all systems go' at the beginning of the new year.

Sphere: Related Content

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's interesting to know. I wish the two editors agreed, haha, that would make things easier. Now I'm confused about when I should start sending queries out next year...s

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...