Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Monthly Roundup....(March)

I’m running a little late here - March finished three days ago. But I’ve been somewhat busy with travel, conferences, and (unfortunately) a migraine…

What I’ve done in March…

Started blogging for Alzheimer’s Notes. It’s taken practically the whole month figuring out how to use Word Press. Stupid me, I thought that one blogging site was the same as any other. Seems not. With Blogger.com I have been writing on Word Document and then I 'copy and paste' my posts. But when I tried that with Word Press, I managed to screw up the font of the WHOLE blog, not once but twice. Luckily I have a very, very patient editor. Now I split screen and type twice - I cannot seem to write directly onto the Word Press page - there seems to be too many distractions for me to play with…

In the end I managed to:

- Write 14 posts in March for Alzheimer’s Notes.

- Send out 3 Query Letters

1 no response
1 ‘…we'll review your idea and get back to you as soon as possible’.
1 acceptance of a travel blog proposal for Home Turf Media (more on this later in week)

- Post 4 ‘Interviews with Travel Writers’

- get interviewed x 2 by Yvonne over at Grow Your Own Business

- Send a post to the Writer’s Block Carnival

At the same time, I am continuing to work on a article for an Australian print magazine and also complete a ‘work for contract’ travel piece for a new travel website.

No wonder I’m tired….

Sphere: Related Content

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz

And we have another interview with you ready to post soon... will keep you posted on the exact date.

Have you tried using Blog Desk (blogdesk.org)?

It's a free online editor. You can even upload directly to Wordpress from there.

There are others,which I haven't tried, but I've been happy with Blog Desk.

Hope this helps.

Yvonne

Liz Lewis said...

Hi Yvonne, they mentioned blog desk or something similar at b5media but I kinda like word document even if it means I type twice. But thanks for the tip. Will check it out one of these days.

Cheers, Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...