Saturday, October 22, 2011

13 reasons why I should be WildJunket's intern...

As I mentioned in the last post, travel journalist Nellie Huang of WildJunket fame is looking for an travel blogging intern to assist her with maintaining the blog and the soon to be launched WildJunket magazine.

It's a great opportunity, one that I am keen to pursue.

Why?

Because after almost five years of blogging at Write to Travel, it's time for me to up my game. I have a vision of what I want to create in the future and, yes, another five year plan. But to I still have a great deal to learn about the travel blogging industry and what better why to learn it than through working with someone who is already where I plan on getting to.

But Nellie, no doubt, will be getting applications for many travel bloggers just as keen and probably more qualified that me.

So the real question is - why should she choose me?

I can think of at least 13 reasons.

Let me spell them out....

T - travel is in my blood. In fact, my very first trip - a transatlantic ship crossing - was while I was still in my mother's womb. Since then my passion for travel has grown, so much so that I am constantly either traveling or making travel plans.

R - Researching, reading, and writing about travel is what I do for fun and what I want to do for a living.

A - Adaptability is my middle name.

V - Visualizing, brainstorming, and lateral thinking to find ideas and solutions are just some of my strengths.

E - Effective communication skills and the ability to engage with people.

L- Love learning.



B - Believes in working hard and working effectively to complete tasks within given deadlines

L - Looks for the silver lining. No matter what the situation, there is always a solution. From chaos I can create calm.

O - Observant

G -Go getter

G -Gatherer of information, knowledge, skills and always willing to share with others

E - Efficient and timely in getting things done

R - Reliable and trustworthy


So what do you think?

Would I make a good intern?

Want to advocate for me?

If so, why not twitter the following:

@kiwiwriter spells out 13 reasons why she'd be a great @WildJunket intern http://tinyurl.com/3moqz99

Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...