Monday, June 04, 2007

Head to Gadling.com for reviews of travel books…

Want to know what’s worth reading in the world of travel guides and travel books ?

One of the best places to go is the book section of Gadling.com (the traveler’s web log). There are over 200 posts related to book reviews, interviews, book festivals, articles, bookstores, author talks, and anything else related to travel.

But be warned…you’ll end up with a list of books that you just have to read…

Here’s a few of the book reviews that caught my eye….


Paris by Pastry (Stalking the Sweet Life)

Assassination Vacation

The Heart of the World: A Journey to the last secret place

Change Your Life Through Travel


I can see a trip to Borders or Amazon.com in my future…

Sphere: Related Content

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admit that I don't get that involved with travel writing. Do you have recommendations for books on Germany? There seem to be so many of them out there that I don't know which ones I really should pay attention to...but I thought you might. :o

Liz Lewis said...

Hi michi, haven't had a need to check out travel Guides to Germany but suggest you google 'germany travel guides' and see what you come up with.

And have a read of this article - it might help you decide what type of guidebook you're looking for..


Cheers, Liz

Kel said...

Hi Liz, I'm so glad you have tapped into the book archve at Gadling -- it is a deep one. Just an FYI, the link is wrong though, it is Gadling.com, just drop the "s"

Happy Reading! - Kelly

Liz Lewis said...

Hi Kelly, thanks for the heads up on the link spelling...

Love the book archives...still making my way through it...

Cheers,

Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...