Friday, April 27, 2007

Writers on the move...

I was reading a post over at The Blog Herald asking ‘When was the last time you thanked those who made your blog’ and it got me thinking…

It’s been almost six months since I started this blog and it’s been quite a journey so far. But the best part about it is the people I have meet along the way - other writers who share my enthusiasm and offer support, advice, and encouragement…thanks much…couldn’t have got this far without you…

But it seems that I'm not the only one that is making progress with their freelance writing careers. Here’s what some of My Year of Getting Published readers have been up to in the past few months...

Karen at A Writer’s Blog is blogging for 451 Press with a blog called Discussing Breast Cancer.

Harmony over at Writing in the Making now blogs at Superwoman.ca on the dailypixel.ca network.

Sheila from Family Travel picked up two new travel blogging gigs recently - Perceptive Travel and KidTripping.

Terah from Travelers Pen is the new blogger for Outdoor Weblog run by Creative Weblogging.

Yvonne over at Grow Your Writing Business has joined the Gack Ink network.



Who have I left out ???

I know that there are plenty more success stories out there…

Come out of the woodwork …

Leave a comment …

Shout out your achievement…

We want to know…

Sphere: Related Content

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention Liz. Congratulations to everyone listed here. It's quite exciting to see fellow writers having success.

Out of curiosity Liz, what are you going to do with this blog when the "year" is up (My Year of Getting Published). It would be a shame not to continue...maybe "My Second Year of Getting Published"? LOL.

Yvonne
Grow Your Writing Business

Terah said...

Hi Liz,

I love this post! It's so nice to see how everyone's progressing.

I've been trying to send you this email for a few days, but it keeps bouncing back to me. I know this is a little late, but I need to congratulate and thank you for a few things. First, thank you for interviewing me for your blog. The interview turned out great. It made me look famous!

I've been traveling so I'm a bit behind on my blog reading, but I
also wanted to thank you for mentioning me in your interview at Growing Your Writing Business (I love that blog!). I would say if you needed help with anything don't hesitate to ask, but you're doing great!

One more thing, congratulations on your b5media blog. I'll check it out everyday.

Good luck with everything and much continued success!

Terah
www.terahs.com
www.outdoor-weblog.com

Mary Emma Allen said...

Liz,
Our minds are working along the same track again. I just posted over at Home Biz Notes about thanking your customers, fans, and those who help you with handwritten notes (when possible) and e-mails. I got to thinking about this after reading Alyson Stanfield's post at Art Biz Blog where she wrote about a thank-you note she received. And I enjoy having you with me at Alzheimer's Notes.

Liz Lewis said...

Hi everyone,

It's great to see how everyone is progressing with their writing.

terah, hope you enjoyed your travels and they were very productive. Love the 'outdoor weblog'...it has such potential.

yvonne, no intention of stopping blog...but will have to change name at end of your...i could run a poll and get ideas and imput..

mary emma, it's kinda of scary that we seem to be on same wavelength so often...still sure makes it easier to work together...enjoy bouncing posts off each other over at Alzheimer's Notes.

Harmony said...

Thanks for kudos Liz :) It is inspiring to see everyone in the community succeeding and meeting their goals.

Liz Lewis said...

no problem harmony...it's great to see us all getting ahead together...

Cheers, Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...